To place money into an inmate's commissary account, it can be mailed to an inmate only via money order or certified cashiers check, deposited in their account via kiosks in Visitation cash, debit card or credit card, or online at www.smartdeposit.com. For more information please see the Visitation Brochure.
To place funds on a recipient account online, follow these steps:
1. Log In or Register
* If you have registered before with SmartDeposit.com, simply enter your username and password.
* If you have not registered before with SmartDeposit.com, click the “Register” button and follow the directions.
* We will need an email address from you so that we can send you confirmation.
2. Add inmate(s) to your recipient list
* Click the "Add Recipient" button.
* Select a state – select a state from the list of states.
* Select a facility – select participating facility from the list
* Search for the inmate by entering the inmate ID or first and last name. Be careful to select the correct inmate!
3. Select Deposit option (Frederick County does not accept any other option)
* Select an amount.
* Review terms and conditions and click "Accept".
4. Follow the prompts – depending on the selection made, you will follow different paths. Please read each prompt carefully.
Inmate Phone System
Inmates have daily access to outgoing only telephones from 6:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
All outgoing calls must be paid by inmate debit account, collect call or by Prepaid Account.
Telephone calls are recorded and may be monitored.
There is no provision for incoming calls to inmates incarcerated at the facility.
Correctional facility personnel do not accept or pass along phone messages.
1-800 numbers can NOT be called from within the correctional facilities.
If you receive a call from an inmate incarcerated in the Frederick County Adult Detention Center and do not wish to accept the call then or in the future, please follow the phone prompts; they will allow you to restrict future calls.
In the event that you mistakenly block a call from the facility, you may contact the inmate phone system provider and have the block removed by calling 888-506-8407.
All calls are charged per minute to the owner of the account. All calls are a maximum of 15 minutes with a warning given one minute before the end of the call.
Local Calls................................$0.07 per minute
All long distance calls.............$0.14 per minute
International Calls...................$0.75 per minute
Pay Tel Communications
Effective July 1, 2020, Pay Tel Communications is the new inmate telephone service provider for the Frederick County Adult Detention Center.
For those who had an ICSolutions prepaid account set up, you will need to contact ICSolutions at 888-506-8407 to receive a refund for any remaining funds in your account. These balances will not transfer to Pay Tel.