To place money into an inmate's commissary account, it can be mailed to an inmate only via money order or certified cashiers check, deposited in their account via kiosks in Visitation cash, debit card or credit card, or online at www.smartdeposit.com. For more information please see the Visitation Brochure.
To place funds on a recipient account online, follow these steps:
1. Log In or Register
* If you have registered before with SmartDeposit.com, simply enter your username and password.
* If you have not registered before with SmartDeposit.com, click the “Register” button and follow the directions.
* We will need an email address from you so that we can send you confirmation.
2. Add inmate(s) to your recipient list
* Click the "Add Recipient" button.
* Select a state – select a state from the list of states.
* Select a facility – select participating facility from the list
* Search for the inmate by entering the inmate ID or first and last name. Be careful to select the correct inmate!
3. Select Deposit option (Frederick County does not accept any other option)
* Select an amount.
* Review terms and conditions and click "Accept".
4. Follow the prompts – depending on the selection made, you will follow different paths. Please read each prompt carefully.
Inmate Phone System
Inmates have daily access to outgoing only telephones from 6:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
All outgoing calls must be paid by inmate debit account, collect call or by Prepaid Account.
Telephone calls are recorded and may be monitored.
There is no provision for incoming calls to inmates incarcerated at the facility.
Correctional facility personnel do not accept or pass along phone messages.
1-800 numbers can NOT be called from within the correctional facilities.
If you receive a call from an inmate incarcerated in the Frederick County Adult Detention Center and do not wish to accept the call then or in the future, please follow the phone prompts; they will allow you to restrict future calls.
In the event that you mistakenly block a call from the facility, you may contact the inmate phone system provider and have the block removed by calling 888-506-8407.
All calls are charged per minute to the owner of the account. All calls are a maximum of 15 minutes with a warning given one minute before the end of the call.
Local Calls................................$0.10 per minute
All long distance calls.............$0.16 per minute
International Calls...................$0.75 per minute
Inmate Calling Solutions (ICSolutions)
ICSolutions is the inmate phone system utilized by the Frederick County Adult Detention Center . As part of its role to help inmates complete as many calls as possible, ICS has established pre-paid and collect procedures.
The fastest and easiest way to set up an account and purchase prepaid phone services is to use the Online Payment Processing Service. This service allows you to conveniently purchase prepaid phone services using a credit card or debit card. As soon as your purchase is completed, the inmate will be able to call you at the phone number you designate.
You can also call the toll-free customer service center at 1 (888) 506-8407. Customer Care Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer any questions and process your purchase.
Family and friends can also call the operator to set up an account and send a cashier’s check or money order along with their name, address, and the destination telephone number to:
Attention: Customer Service Department/Prepaid Account
2200 Danbury St.
San Antonio, TX 78217
The Prepaid Account process is the only method for inmates to make calls to friends and families that utilize companies such as Comcast, Vonage, Cavelier, Covad, etc., as their local telephone company, or if they use a cell phone.
Please note: Prepaid Account phone services expire 6 months from the date of your last purchase to the account, unless otherwise required by state law. You may request a refund for unexpired prepaid phone services remaining. Where applicable, any such refund granted will incur a $2.99 processing fee.