If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, please call our 24-hour main information line at 301-600-1046.

What are your Fingerprinting hours?

Mondays 4-8 p.m.; Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and Saturdays 1-4 p.m. By appointment only. For more information, visit our Fingerprinting page.

Who do I contact about evictions or civil paperwork? (i.e. custody, civil subpoenas, divorce)

The Sheriff's Office Judicial Services, on the 2nd floor of the Frederick County Courthouse. You can call them at 301-600-2152.

Who can I contact to get help for my out of control child/teen?

The Department of Juvenile Services

801 N East St #3

Frederick, MD 21701


How can I get a copy of an incident/accident report?

Incidents: 301-600-3929 Accidents: 301-600-3929 or

How can I get my towed vehicle back?

If you are not the registered owner, you must have the registered owner visit the Frederick County Sheriff's Office and retrieve a Release Form. You must provide photo ID. If the owner can’t make it, they will need to provide a notarized letter.

I lost my Traffic Citation/Safety Exchange Order, how can I get a new copy?

Call 301-600-3929

When is my court date?

Visit the Maryland Judiciary Case Search website

Do I have a warrant/paperwork to be served on me?

Visit the Frederick County Sheriff's Office or nearest law enforcement agency and they will get you taken care of.

Do you have a non-emergency dispatch number?

Yes, please call 301-600-2071.

Can I report tips anonymously?

Yes. You may call our anonymous Tips line at any time at 301-600-4131. Our Narcotics Investigations Section also has several tip lines. To leave a tip without remaining anonymous, call 301-600-7180. To remain anonymous, call 301-600-1318. You may also email tips to

How long does it take to get an incident/accident report?

A report can take up to 5-7 days before it is ready to be released. If the incident is going to lead to a further investigation, the report will not be ready until the investigation is completed.

Reports closed out as an arrest?

Reports are not releasable unless the offender has been adjudicated in court.

Needing juvenile information?

Due to the laws regarding juveniles, all information concerning them is redacted from reports.

How do I request a copy of a report that I am not a part of?

If you are looking for reports and/or information that you were not directly involved with, you will need to file a request citing the Maryland Public Information Act. Visit the Public Information Requests page for more info.

Where can I find the Maryland Public Information Act Request Form?

Please visit the Public Information Requests page, under the "Contact Us" tab.

How can I get a local criminal clearance letter? (i.e. adoption, immigration, work out of the country, real estate license)

Letters are done on Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 - 11 AM and 1 - 3 PM. You must appear in person with a driver’s license or identification with your current address. Your address needs to be within the Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction; if you live within Frederick City limits you need to contact Frederick City Police. Letters are not done for individuals from other counties.

How do I start the expungement process?

You will first need to go to the District or Circuit Court depending on which court handled your case.

I have an open warrant. How do I turn myself in?

Please call 301-600-1046 for specific directions.

I had a positive/negative experience with a member of the Frederick County Sheriff's Office. Where can I report this?

Reports may be filed with our Office of Policy and Compliance. Please visit our Compliments and Complaints page under the "Contact Us" tab.

How can I participate in a ride-along?

You must first come to the Frederick County Sheriff's Office and fill out a form before your ride-along will be scheduled.